GLHU "Dretunsky Forestry" invites you to take part in the republican junior forest competition "Kvitney, my forest".
This competition is traditionally held by the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus in order to support talented young people and develop forestry skills in schoolchildren. The winner of the republican stage of the competition gets the opportunity to represent the country at the International Junior Forest Contest and take part in the summer program “Forest Undergrowth”.
Those who wish to take part in the competition submit their works, duly executed according to the following instructions below, to the state forestry institutions of the Vitebsk GPLHO:
1. This Instruction determines the procedure and conditions for holding the republican junior forest competition “Quitney, my forest” (hereinafter referred to as the competition).
2. The competition is held in order to: promote respect for the forest and its inhabitants, to draw attention to the problems of preserving the natural resources of the Republic of Belarus, to support the activities of school forestries, to develop skills in forestry, and to promote the forester's profession.
3. The organization and conduct of the competition shall be carried out by state production forestry associations subordinated to the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter referred to as state production forestry associations) and the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus.
4. The Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus approves the composition of the republican jury to sum up the results of the competition (hereinafter referred to as the republican jury), carries out the overall coordination and management of the competition, awarding the winners with diplomas.
5. Pupils of school forestries can take part in the competition, as well as pupils and students (up to 20 years old) of educational institutions that train forestry specialists (hereinafter referred to as the participant of the competition).
6. The competition is held annually from April 20 to June 20 in two stages in the following categories:
"Sustainable forest management";
"Ecology of forest plants";
"Ecology of forest animals".
7. The first stage is held from April 20 to May 20 and consists in organizing, conducting and summing up the competition at the regional level. The winners are determined who took the I, II and III places in each nomination. The second stage is held from May 21 to June 20 and consists in summarizing the competition at the republican level.
8. To participate in the competition, the participants of the competition submit to the state production forestry associations the following documents until April 20 of the year of the competition:
an application for participation in the competition with indication of the nomination, last name, first name, patronymic (if any), age, residence address of the participant, name and location of the educational institution where the participant is studying, contact phone number;
abstract on the category of nomination, which should contain:
the title page indicating the name of the nomination, the title of the abstract, last name, proper name, patronymic (if available) of the participant of the competition, the name and location of the educational institution in which the participant of the competition is studying;
annotation (no more than 20 lines);
description of the methods used;
description of the research and the results obtained;
applications (tables, graphics, photo illustrations).
9. To organize and conduct the first stage of the competition, state production forestry associations set up regional working groups to organize and conduct the first stage of the competition (hereinafter referred to as regional working groups) and approve their personal composition.
10. Regional working groups summarize the results of the first stage of the competition and draw up the minutes of the meeting of the working group.
11. Regional working groups shall, before May 21 of the year of the competition, send the following materials to the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus:
minutes of meetings of regional working groups on summarizing the first stage of the competition;
abstracts of the participants who took the I, II and III places in the stated nominations by regions.
12. The Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus organizes the second stage of the competition in the following order:
in accordance with the received minutes of meetings of regional working groups on summing up the results of the first stage of the competition, participants are invited to the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus on the appointed date to take first, second and third places in the stated nominations by regions;
participants of the competition hold a presentation of essays before the members of the republican jury using a computer presentation (one or two participants are allowed to speak one essay each).
13. Evaluation criteria for participants in the competition are:
compliance of the characteristics of the work with the declared nomination;
novelty and practical significance of the studied topic;
depth of study and disclosure of the selected topic;
creative decision and originality of performance;
correspondence of the abstract to the requirements specified in paragraph those 8 of this manual;
presentation skills and quality of answers to the questions of jury members.
14. Evaluation is carried out on a 10-point scale. Points are awarded to the participants by each jury member. The winner of the competition nomination is recognized as the participant of the competition who scored the maximum number of points in the nomination, the participants of the competition who took the second and third places in the nomination are determined by the decreasing amount of points.
15. Summing up the results of the second stage of the competition and awarding the winners are carried out until June 20 of the year of the competition by the Republican jury, the personal composition of which is approved by the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus.
16. Winners of the competition are awarded diplomas of the Ministry of Forestry of the Republic of Belarus.
17. Financing of the competition is carried out in accordance with the law.